sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist

I have 03 sorento not going in to overdrive

Customer Question

Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the trans isn't going into overdrive then odds are it's in limp in. When the trans controller sees an issue it thinks will prevent proper operation then it can prevent shifting.

There are many things that will cause limp in ranging from speed sensors, solenoids, wiring, internal transmission issues and the TCM itself.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool or code reader to see if any fault codes are setting in the engine and trans controllers, and then testing can be done from there based on what codes are found.