Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  I have been rebuilding automatic transmissions for 25 years

I ordered a used transmission 1991 chevy 2500 4x4 and the

Customer Question

I ordered a used transmission for a 1991 chevy 2500 4x4 and the one i recieved has a different plug. The place i ordered it from said it came out of a conpatible vehicle. can you identify which vehicle a tranny came from by the numbers on the tag. the serial number is ***** and model numberB0331
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  SuperDave replied 3 months ago.

Those numbers don't tell me anything.Click HERE to figure out what transmission they sent you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that didnt even have a listing for a 1991
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I found out that the other tyranny is from a 91 Suburban and the plug is just different. Is it difficult to change out the plug
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are the plugs interchangeable
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

do you have the 4l60 or the 4l80?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

yes,,you can replace the internal wire harness,,take the wire harness out of the transmission you bought and install the harness out of the transmission that came out of the truck

remove the pan,,disconnect the harness from the solenoids and pressure switch..

push in the snap clips of he wire harness plug and push it out

then install your harness,this way the transmission will plug back up to your trucks harness

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.