Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.

I have a 2000 Lexus RX 300 after driving in a while betrayed

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Lexus RX 300 after driving in a while betrayed mission will not downshift and when you come to a stop it will not shift into overdrive or the cumber but if you come to a complete stop shut the car off and restarted it will shift just fine
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello Jeff, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine if the problem you are having is an internal problem or an electronic control concern you are going to need to start first with having the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting in the Transmission control system. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to determine what is failing.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There are no codes showing
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
On my way to work this morning I shifted the transmission into neutral and shut the car off while it was coasting restart of the car and the transmission service shifting again
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

If you sure there are no code setting then the problem is likely internal, that being said you can not retrieve the fault codes with a code reader, a full Lexus compatible scan tool is needed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The scanner we are using is a Matco MD9001
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Well with out knowing the fault code and or codes then there is not much more I can do to help you diagnose this from there. This is going to require some hands on testing .I will open the post back up for you and perhaps someone else may have something new to offer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thank you