sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

I own an 09 pt crusier 5speed std trans car has 70000 my

Customer Question

hello,i own an 09 pt crusier 5speed std trans car has 70000 my problen is that below 70 dgs the trans shifts smoothly when the temp goes up the trans gets increasingly harder to shift almost impossible in traffic when you start to cruse again it seems to coll off and you then can shift again i have changed the rubber bushings at the end of the cables at the trans the shift lever has no play in it at all, dont know if the fluid is boiling as a result of having a plastic fluid line the clutch engaugement is very good no slippage at all in the evenings when its cool the trans shifts very smoothly.i went on a pt crusier blog and it seems many other guys have the same problem for all years there were various supposibly solutions, i amy curious if you have real experience with this problem, thanks john *********
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This could potentially be an issue in the transmission but it's more likely to be a clutch issue. A failing slave cylinder would be the most likely cause.

Has the trans fluid level and condition been checked?
Did the problem start after any work was done, especially anything concerning the trans?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is going on here i just typed in a whole paragraph to sprinkles then another mechanic came on asking for money again and now you are back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is going on here i just typed a whole responce to sprinkles now another message i want to cancel this this is horrible