Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Ihave a1997 dodge ram 4x4 with automatic trans ,i was going

Customer Question

Ihave a1997 dodge ram 4x4 with automatic trans ,i was going about 50 mph coasting,the engine was off i accidently shifted into re verse it started making a clicking sound i quickly shifted it back downto neutral, and started the motor, ithen shifted it into drive, itseemed to be fine. Then in about ten minutes it started making the clicking noise again , islowed almost to a stopand the noise went away, this happened three or four more times over a thirty mile period as i was going up amountain pass after starting to descend back down the pass it did it again.but this time i lost all my gears even park. Ive removed the pan replaced a bolt that fallen down into the pan back to where it camefrom ,rep!aced the filter and fluids and a freind adjusted the bans for me hes done it before on this trans. Anyways after all was done , i started the truck up and itstill doing tne same thing ,NO GEARS! Only whenitry shifting into gears ,i go downn to drive then back up to park, when i get to reverse the clicking sound starts again but stop when i reach thepark position.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

After the repairs, is it still rolling in park?