Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  I have been rebuilding automatic transmissions for 25 years

My husband drained the transmission fluid and now cannot

Customer Question

My husband drained the damn transmission fluid and now cannot figure out how to refill it
JA: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?
Customer: This is the first time
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2011 STS
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. And nothing because he has no clue how to put it back
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The location of the port and how to put it in
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Joshua Davenport replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having. On the drivers side of the transmission there will be a small plug. This is the plug where the fluid is filled. It should hold approximately 6.5 quarts of fluid.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is a pump necessary to refill it?

It is not necessary if you can fill the transmission by pouring the fluid in. A pump can be very helpful since its in pretty small spaces. Any small manual pump will work.

Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 4 months ago.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help