Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.

I have 2005 545i and have replaced the transmission twice as

Customer Question

I have 2005 545i and have replaced the transmission twice as per BMWdealership and it still will not shift in regular automatic only in manual shift no engine or transmission codes.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check for any damaged wiring leading to the transmission as well as the connections at it for any issues.If any issues are found with the wiring or connections this will need repaired to correct this fault here.If this is or has already been checked and found o.k. let me know as well as let me know what fault codes are set with this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete