sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist

Shaking violently on take off when in drive. When I put the

Customer Question

Shaking violently on take off when in drive. When I put the transmission in 1st gear manually it doesn't do it. Any ideas?
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: Trans is original. Brake switch?
JA: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?
Customer: 2006 Pontiac Montana
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I'm a retired tech and I've pulled the codes and it has no abs or srs codes. It does have one I can't identify though: P1516
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not really
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

P1516 sets when the throttle blade isn't in the commanded position. This is most likely due to an issue with the throttle body itself or something foreign blocking throttle blade movement. This code will cause some driveability issues and I'm wondering if you're feeling an engine related concern rather than an internal transmission issue.

Does this code return if it's cleared and the vehicle driven to allow the problem to happen?