ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech
Experience:  Over 25yrs experience as Shop manager and tech
3195632

Got a problem. I need to remove the clutch safty switch on a

Customer Question

hey Pearl. Got a problem. I need to remove the clutch safty switch on a 1999 Chevy S10. Hard to see and hard to get to. Any help on "How to/"
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: Replacing the resiviour.
JA: What is the model of your '99 Chevy?
Customer: S !0, 2.2 L*****manual trans
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Got the parts, resivouir drained. Know how, with exception of switch removal
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 9 months ago.

HI,

Ok, disconnect the push rod to the clutch pedal, disconnect the connector to the clutch switch, and now either leave it on the pushrod and pull the clutch master cylinder out of the vehicle and then remove the switch from the push rod, or you can lay on the floorboard facing up and use a screwdriver to push the clip up and off the switch and then pull the switch off the pushrod.

Expert:  ebrock63 replied 9 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  ebrock63 replied 9 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Expert:  ebrock63 replied 8 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?