EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Auto Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership experience. ASE Advanced level certified, transmission certified
34559540

When I put my 2013 in reverse the gear shifter sounds like

Customer Question

When I put my 2013 in reverse the gear shifter sounds like there is something like a piece of plastic being bounced around.... Would this be covered under the warranty... I have the 100000 Mile warranty on the car
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
would youu have any idea what is causing this
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 5 months ago.

Hi. A piece of the gear shifter plastic may have broken off. I have seen that before on the Roque. Or if a foreign object somehow got in there. If a piece of the gearshift did break, it may be covered under warranty. But the 100,000 mile warranty is on powertrain, like engine and transmission. You still may be in the bumper to bumper warrant of 5 year 60,000 miles. You will have to check with your dealer. And the dealer may need to find the source of the noise before confirming if it is warranty or not.

Thanks for viewing my response. Please let me know if you have further questions on this. If you do not then please rate my assistance using the 5 star rating method. And have a great day!