Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.

I have two fault codes appearing...01119 and 17090, and

Customer Question

I have two fault codes appearing...01119 and 17090, and yesterday found myself struggling to get reverse. It is only happening occasionally...
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: Yes, it is how I found out.
JA: What is the model of your '15090 Audi?
Customer: A4 Avant 2.5tdi. 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would have to take it to a garage as have no space to do it. I wouldn't know where to start!
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Only that the PRNDS indicator light on dashboard flash occasionally but clear after re-starting car.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you havent yet check for any damaged wiring leading to and at the transmission that may be causing this fault here.I have seen and have had to repair damaged wiring at the transmission or leading to it that can cause this type of fault here in some cases.If this is checked and found o.k. it may be best to have a transmission repair facility check into and repair the fault here.This may take special test equipment to help pinpoint and repair this issue here in some cases that only a dealer or transmission repair facility may have.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete