Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.

Its a riviera, wondering on the speed sensor there is a

Customer Question

its a riviera, wondering on the speed sensor there is a plastc gear whitch directio does it go on shaft
JA: Which sensor are you asking about? O2? MAP? Did any codes pop up?
Customer: speed sensor on bottom side of transmission
JA: What year is your Riviera?
Customer: 1986
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: new sensor when i pulled out old gear came with it not sure on direction when i put it backin speedometer works on and off
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually the gear installs in the position shown below.If yours does not look like this here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete