Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

I have bought Mitsubishi Mirage having CVT7 JF015E. I am

Customer Question

I have bought Mitsubishi Mirage having CVT7 JF015E. I am facing a problem. When i start car for the first time in the morning or after standing somewhere for very long time there is a noise from CVT at 40kmph and then 80kmph. Its more like something roll over other surface and it last only for half a second. When engine and cvt are hot because of drive then no such noise comes. But as soon as car reaches 80kmph noise is heard again.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the check engine light has come on with this issue or any other warning light what needs to be done first here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set and from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair this issue.This would need done with a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your model that can read all computers in your model.

If no light has come on the CVT may need inspected which means it may need removed and taken apart for inspection in some cases to locate and repair the fault here.This is usually best done by a transmission repair facility that has knowledge of your CVT.I have seen the torque converter act up as well as the transmission fluid pump in some cases needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The above response is more generalized. What make cvt give a minor noise at fix speed of 40kmph when start from cold state or after 30 min stop over.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately without seeing the vehicle and hearing this myself it can be difficult to pinpoint the noise from here.This will have to be inspected further to pinpoint this noise and then repaired from there.If you would like I can always open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete