tsmodie
tsmodie, Other
Experience:  ASE MASTER TECH, 30 YEAR EXPERIENCE, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

I have a 2006 Chevy Malibu 3.5 L. Last year I had

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Chevy Malibu 3.5 L. Last year I had transmission issues with hesitation in shifting. AAMCO said it was crack solenoids. They replaced the broken ones.
Last month I noticed that the RPMs in my car would get to about 2200 and then stay level as I kept accelerating but eventually would catch and keep accelerating. The vehicle never slipped between gears and car did keep increasing in speed when I noticed the issue. I took it back to AAMCO and they said transmission tests fine but the only code they pulled was for an bank 1 sensor 1 for the O2 sensor.
I replaced the 02 sensor and that's when the hard shifting that I now experience occurred. This was shortly followed by a check engine light with the code of PO113 Intake Air Temp sensor. My car has a MAF sensor that I tried cleaning but check engine light is back on.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  tsmodie replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** this code, it is very commn for the wires inside the connector for the maf sensor to be bad, and we replace alot of these connectors on these for this code, have you checked for a 5 volt reference on the tan wire at the connector, with the key on?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm having a hard time disconnecting the harness. Is there a trick to doing so?
Expert:  tsmodie replied 5 months ago.

there should be a tab on the connector, and you push the tab in to release it,Tim

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have attempted to remove the harness and no luck. Not sure if it's from wear and tear but I cannot nor can two other people get this harness removed.
Expert:  tsmodie replied 5 months ago.

it looks pretty corroded, so I think this is your problem, I would get a new connector and replace it, you will most likely damage it anyway getting it off,we do alot of these connectors for corrosion,Tim

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was able to get it disconnected but there are 2 tan wires. Which do I test?
Expert:  tsmodie replied 5 months ago.

see if any of them have 5 volts on it, with the key on?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am not able to get my conventional prongs into the holes of the connector. I will try using a paper clip as an extension. Could one of those wires be a ground wire and also be cause of the issue?
Expert:  tsmodie replied 5 months ago.

it could be any of the wires, did you check for 5 volts on any of them?