Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I HAVE A CODE ON A 6L8O TRANS P0989 TRANS WON'T SHIFT : YES

Customer Question

I HAVE A CODE ON A 6L8O TRANS P0989 TRANS WON'T SHIFT
JA: Do you happen to have a code reader or scan tool? What size is your engine?
Customer: YES I DO HAVE A CODE READER ENGINE IS 6.0
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I'M A DODGE & CHRYSLER MASTER TECH I JUST RBUILT THAT TRANS IT WAS WORKING GOOD FOR AFEW DAYS BUT FIRST CAME WITH CODE P0573 REPLACE THE BRAKE SWITCH THAT CODE DID NOT RESET BUT THEN THIS CODE CAME UP THE ONLY THING I DIDN'T REPLACE IN THE TRANS WAS THE TCM
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'M GOING TO TRY
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GMC Mechanic should know about your GMC?
Customer: NO THATS IT THE TRANS WHEN I TOOK IT APART HAD THE 1-2 3-4 CLUTCHES BURNT
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GMC Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Can I get the year of the vehicle and little more detail on D and R engagements and the shifting issues?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It goes into d and r fine but at times won't shift stays in first gear the year is 2010 the last 8 of the vin is A1101327

Thanks, ***** ***** done any of the electrical tests on the fluid pressure switch 5? If not can you use the link below to do so?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/fluidpressure.pdf

Please make sure to select a rating from the top of your screen prior to logging off so the post does not time out.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris