sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

While driving my f430 it won't shift up or down and flashes

Customer Question

While driving my f430 it won't shift up or down and flashes slow down?????
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the trans is staying in a single gear then it's in limp in. The trans controller is seeing something that will prevent proper operation, setting a ault code and preventing shifting to prevent damage.

There are many possible causes for limp in ranging from solenoids, speed sensors, wiring, internal trans issues or even the trans controller itself.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool to see what fault codes are setting in the trans controller, and then testing will be done from there based on what codes are found.