sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist

Intermittent jolt while driving in excess of 55 miles per

Customer Question

intermittent jolt while driving in excess of 55 miles per hour on 2007 sana fe with 70,000 miles. could this be a transmission problem
JA: Do you have a manual or an automatic transmission? When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: just boight from cae dealer. they state car was "serviced"'ser
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: ive driven the car approx 3000miles. the car makes a definite jolt while driving but this has only happened 5 times during possession. The weather is not really cold or hot. Road is clear. Speed is between 55 and 65. When jolt happens it made a knock sound at same time. Felt like it may have lost power but only for a second. I have also noticed that it seems to occasionally stick in 2nd gear before goimg in or
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: third gear
JA: Is there anything else the Hyundai Mechanic should be aware of about your Hyundai?
Customer: i told him but he says car needs to do it while hs is driving. unable to reenact
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem may or may not be related to the transmission. Your initial description sounds more along the lines of an ignition system issue such as a momentary loss of crank sensor signal, but if it's sticking in one gear then that's most likely the transmission going into limp in.

Do any warning lights come on?