Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

2006 pt crusier trans will not shift from 2nd gear to 3rd or

Customer Question

2006 pt crusier trans will not shift from 2nd gear to 3rd or 4th have to stop turn off car wait and restart and then shifts gears ok. Was going to replace my safety neautral switch took to trans shop they changed my totally integraded control module charged me $800 still same problem engine light back on
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 90,000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No
JA: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: I took to smog right after engine light reset and did not pass od or ob im not sure which one but it passed everything else
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The trans shop kept insisting it was the tcm or pcm problems i had codes po700 now after replacing Totally integraded control module he the trans shop is wanting another $ 1200 on top of $ 800 just paid
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Sorry for the long delay. I just got caught up and am seeing if the longest waiting customers still need help? If so let me know and I will get started on this concern.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The car had a code as well on thermostate
And i replaced it today engine light went off due to disconnecting battery will drive and see if fixed but i dont think so

Thanks, ***** ***** this now.

Are you planning to diagnose and repair this yourself?

Do you know the code numbers that are storing?

Any concerns noticed with the transaxle oil?

After a rest how long will it shift correct?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Po700
About 3 to 5 min after shutting car off it starts right up
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Trans Oil is fine

Thanks, ***** ***** code means that the transmission has requested the computer to turn on a warning light. This code only means there are more codes stored for the transmission. Since your tool was not able to retrieve these codes that means its not trans compatible. A better tool is needed to diagnose this. Possible causes for no upshift past 2nd gear are:

• L/R switch valve stuck
  • O/D or U/D clutch
  • U/D seals leaking
  • O/D accumulator seals

I can not confirm the TCM replacement is needed with the info you have given me. Diag has to be done through codes, hydraulic and electrical testing then possibly visual inspection of parts.

--------------------

Please let me know if you are pleased with my help. If you are not please reply prior to rating the answer.

Thanks Chris

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris