Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

S60 24 t auto transmission

Customer Question

s60 24 t auto transmission
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.

Hello

can you tell me a little more about the issues your're having ?

does the transmission kickdown OK ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The trasnsmission shifts fine .My daughter got off work late the other night and her volvo s60 would not come out of park. in her panick she broke the shifter where the cable connects to the Floor Shifter assembly.Aftrer my inspection of the damage done I located another Shifter Assembly and installed it. Only connecting the ele. connector and a couple mounting bolts , I turned on the engine stepped on the brake pedal and it does not shift. I can hear and feel the Shifter solenoid come on and off.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I would like a new expert to help in this matter of my s60 Volvo Floor Shifter will not shift. Have replaced complete assembly with a used one. The original became unable to function and was forced to move which broke it .Upon replacement of the unit,I plugged in the electrical connector and not the Shift Cable. It does not work. It does not move. The electrical solenoid can be heard and felt while appling the brake pedal. Is there another Input that could be the problem?