Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

2007 100K transmission ssing some times, not going easily

Customer Question

2007 100K transmission hissing some times, not going easily into gear--hard shifts some.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Is it having trouble engaging drove or reverse?

Which shifts are harsh?

Do you know about what speed or shift or gear creates this noise?

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Will engage. While slowing down and picking back up the gears switch very hard, but not always. Sometimes not gearing up when needed. After a*****when this began to happen, there was also a very audible hissing noise while pressing on the gas. The hissing noise quit after turning off the air conditioning. There were a few times the transmission geared down when should have geared up.

Thanks can you play around with the load, speed and rpm with the AC off to see if the hissing still occurs? If it does not but does occur with the AC on then your hearing the freon moving through the lines, which is not always a sign of an issue. The first test there would a AC pressure test to see if there is a restriction concern.

For the transaxle shift issues. If there are no codes or warning lights, the first step will be to change the fluid then with a diagnostic tool monitor the speed sensors to see if any are reading wrong. If all is good then removing the valve body for an inspection is needed net.

Once you have selected a rating at the top of your page view for my first answer to grade my assistance. All follow up responses are free and welcomed. Ask me about a phone call if you prefer that service.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris