Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.

I have a 1973 bay window bus with automatic- was having

Customer Question

I have a 1973 bay window bus with automatic- was having issues of 3rd gear slippage- bought a refurbed tranny- installed- goes into park- but won't engage any other gears now- need instructive detailed help
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Your 1973 Transmission dose not have any electronic controls and if the new transmission will not engage and your sure its is full of fluid then the problem is internal and usually means you got a bad rebuild. You need to return it back to the builder and have them perform a pressure test on it and recheck there rebuild.