Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

My 1997 Jeep grand Cherokee transmission shifts from 1st to

Customer Question

My 1997 Jeep grand Cherokee transmission shifts from 1st to drive or overdrive when I accelerate from stop
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

What do you mean it shifts from 1st to drive? Do you mean it skips 2nd gear? Does it always go into first when stopping? Is the check engine light on and if yes then what codes are setting? How does the fluid look? Has any repairs been done?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it scips
2nd and 3rd
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.

Does it always go into first when stopping? Is the check engine light on and if yes then what codes are setting? How does the fluid look? Has any repairs been done?

Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad