Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

My transmission lever is locked up. I had a low battery (

Customer Question

My transmission lever is locked up. I had a low battery ( this happened before with a dead battery). I charged up the battery and got the car started but the shift leaver is locked!
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I had a low battery. Charged the battery, started the car, but the shift lever is locked up.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I would certainly like to.
JA: Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: This happen once before right after I got the car. I had it towed to the dealer and they said it was the battery. I don't want to gave it towed on Friday afternoon because it won't be fixed until Monday! I called the local Cadillac dealer and the service manager never called back.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.

HI MY NAME IS***** TRY TO ASSIST YOU , WHAT YEAR & MODEL CADI AND MILEAGE IF U HAVE IT ? THANKS

CHECK ALL THE FUSE, CHARGING THE BATTERY YOU COULD HAVE BLOWN A FUSE , BUT , WHY IS YOUR BATTERY DRAINING, THAT COULD BE AN ISSUE IF NOT SHIFTING , THE SHIFT LEVER INTERLOCK SOLENOID COULD THE ISSUE , REALLY NUMBER OF THINGS , TELL ME HOW YEAR AND MODEL AND I WILL LOOK UP , THE MOST COMMON CAUSE FOR THIS FAILURE , OR IF U HAVE TEST LIGHT OR A SCANNER WILL BE GREAT WE CAN TROUBLE SHOOT THAT WAY .