sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

I have a lexus es(###) ###-####and have had problems with

Customer Question

i have a lexus es(###) ###-####and have had problems with shifting from park to drive or any other gear. just would not shift. it has not happenend for some time now. but this is the first time i could not engage it. so i need your help.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: its the original 1994 es 300 model transmission.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: depends on how easy the fix.
JA: Is there anything else the Lexus Mechanic should be aware of about your Lexus?
Customer: no. everything else is working fine. so this is maybe like the 5th time this has happened and this is the first time i couldnt get it into gear. thats it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 months ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you , I aim to provide you with a 5 star service if at any time I missed please let me know

can you tell me how many miles is on the vehicle ?

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have a few things going on depending on what you're actually experiencing. If the shifter won't physically move out of park and the problem is intermittent then it's most likely an interlock problem. If the shifter does move into gear but the transmission does not engage then the problem is internal or it may possibly be a low fluid concern.

Does the shifter not move out of park when this happens?