sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist

I am working on a 1995 Nissan 5 sp stick 3.0, it is without

Customer Question

Hello, I am working on a 1995 Nissan 5 sp stick 3.0, it is without limited slip, the trans went bad so we pulled it out to put a new one in, I am finding out it is a pretty rare one the only one I could find was a limited slip the only problem is our half shafts won`t fit in the trans, we went to the auto parts and the ones they sold us are to big they will not fit in the trans but they fit the hubs, we even took the trans to a dealer and took the numbers off the trans and could not come up with anything, What do you think?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  mike switzer replied 5 months ago.

what model nissan is this on?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello, thank you for getting back, I am not sure what model we have on the rack, other than it is a 1990 maxima 3.0 the trans we are trying to put in is out of a 1995, I do not know the model of the trans we got at the junk yard because the car is gone and the morons did not right any info on the trans other than 95 Nissan.

ok i for the axles what did you order them for? i am assuming you ordered new axles

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Mike, sorry it took so long to get back, the axles we ordered where for a 95 with limited slip, the old trans in the car is a 95 without limited slip, the old axles in the car would not fit in the new trans from the junk yard, so we ordered the new ones and they fit into the hubs but not the trans.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Mike, I am not sure you got my answer to your question, the axles from the auto parts are for a 1995 limited slip.

what seems to not be fitting? the spline pattern on the axles, the diameter or the length?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Mike, thank you for getting back to me, it is the diameter of the new axle that is to big even tried the old axle from the old trans, same thing, to big.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

Do you still need help?