Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

It is a 2008 LT2 with 109,000 miles. I am having trouble

Customer Question

It is a 2008 LT2 with 109,000 miles. I am having trouble with the transmission re engaging low gear at stop lights and most recently the service stabilitrak warning comes on. Low engine power also occurs when the warning light comes on.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: No
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Chevy Mechanic to figure that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I don't have the tools or experience beyond simple fixes. I am also on a limited income so I am a bit nervous giving the dealer a blank check to fix it.
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: The key issue was fixed. The engine is strong. The door locks no longer work. Beyond that, I like the car.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can I get the make, model, and engine?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2008 Impala LT2 V6 250 horse
Your stabiltrack issue coupled with the low power. That could be something as simple as a bad speed sensor. When a wheel speed sensor is reading wrong, that makes the ABS think you are losing control, so it tells the engine to reduce the power through the PCM. I am not saying there is a bad wheel speed sensor, I am saying that is very likely. A scan to see which codes are stored would be required to find out. For the transmission this could be a internal trans concern or a incorrect reading trans speed sensor, or a throttle position sensore reading wrong. This to can be diagnosed through a scan tool. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris