Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  25 yrs. repairing vehicles. Factory trained Nissan and Subaru Technician.
2921078

I would like to know how to remove a manual transmission

Customer Question

I would like to know how to remove a manual transmission shift knob on a 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,If you are only removing the shift knob, it's threaded on and you just turn it counter clockwise like a nut. It does have locktite holding it on there so it's pretty snug, but it's only threaded on. A very good grip or using something like channel locks will break it loose for you.If you are trying to remove more then just the knob, let me know.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!