Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

I have a 2002 2500 HD truck with an Allison 1000 I was

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2002 2500 HD truck with an Allison 1000 I was driving to work stop at the light, moving forward the truck would not shift past 3 or maybe 4 Th gear, I have since replaced solenoid C and filters and cleaned all the the shift valves when i split the 2 valve halves, I have 2 more solenoids for D and E but dont want to keep guessing, I have codes popping P0700 and P0763 and one that I cant figure out it is B077
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Did you happen to do any of the diag steps for the 0763 code, prior to repairs?The B077 code is not a code this vehicle can store, it is to short.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hey great to here from you this is E (aka- Handy) I can usually fix everything just stumped on this one. I should let you know that the truck has 400000 miles on it, anyway I did test the resistance on the solenoids and tested them they all seem to be working, I did not test them with air, so I figured they may be just not sealing completely so I have now replaced solenoids C,D,E so far, I started the truck yesterday and it sent the same code back that i had already replaced once, I checked for chaffing on ther wires going to test them again, I have also heard that the ignition switch is also something to look into what are your thoughts hope to hear from you soon, thanks have a great day.
At the TCM red connector, back probe the light green wire with a DVOM. OHM test this wire to ground while driving. Verify the TCM is commanding ground to the solenoid. If so then do it again at the transmission connector. When solenoid C is commanded on you should see 0.0 reading meaning no resistance. If that is good then check the internal wire harness on this wire to make sure its not broken. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris