Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  I have been rebuilding automatic transmissions for 25 years

I have a 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with 62000 miles.

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with 62000 miles. While driving, the transmission will slip into neutral (engine rev etc.) but recover after taking foot off accelerator. I have spent $2500 rebuilding the transmission, returned to mechanic three times w/same problem and have had the torque converter replaced (under warranty) twice! No codes when hooked up to computer, and the problem is still occurring. I am confident that the replaced transmission is not the problem, I'm at my whits end! Is it possible the brake switch is malfunctioning and disabling the Torque Converter? My brake lights are working fine.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist,it isnt the brake switch..and i do not think it i an electrical problem at all.this does seem to be a problem with the transmission itself,. i know you have had it rebuilt,but they are missing something.take it back before the warranty on the transmission runs outthanks.If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.