sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

My car is saying transmission overheating about every 200

Customer Question

My car is saying transmission overheating about every 200 miles. I have to pull it over and wait until it cools off and then I can continue for another 200 miles.
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Is there coolant circulation?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 2008 Enclave
JA: When was your last tune up?
Customer: 1 year ago
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If the transmission is overheating under normal use and the engine is not then the problem is either a restricted transmission cooler system or an internal transmission issue. A slipping clutch, usually the torque converter clutch, will cause fluid to overheat.Have you checked for fault codes?