Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

2011 Ford Expedition 6r80 transmission put in a certified unit

Customer Question

2011 Ford Expedition 6r80 transmission put in a certified unit had it flashed at the Ford dealership now it is throwing a code p084 shifts fine in 1 2 and 3 the code is 4 5 shift solenoid
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When it shifts 245 it goes back and forth and then the wrench light comes on in the cluster
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes and the service manager for a transmission shop in Sioux Falls South Dakota note the car did not have this problem when it came in it had a 3/4 hard downshift problem
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Put in a overhaul transmission by Certified Transmissions head dealer flash transmission or TCM PCM
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: Not at this time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  hdgene replied 6 months ago.
Hello what code is it setting? Should be 4 digits lke Pxxxx for instance you are missing a digit.You used a rebuilt trans from an outside shop? What is the vin number of the vehicle?