Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.

I have 1993 toyota corolla on which I changed the transmission

Customer Question

I have 1993 toyota corolla on which I changed the transmission (manual ). After everything, I took it out for a drive and noticed the the whole car shakes during acceleration and at speed, but disappears as soon as I coast ( let off the gas or into neutral).
JA: Dealing with a manual transmission can be a bit tricky. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of transmissions. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything yet. Looking for where to start off first
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: Like?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Clayso replied 5 months ago.
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.From your description sounds like an inner CV joint problem. Grab the shafts and see if they can be rotated back and forth, I use a pair of pliers so I can see if the shaft moves back and forth differently from the joints. It's possible one or both of the shafts could have been damaged when swapping out the trans. Also make sure the vibration damper is in place on the longer shaft.I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.Thanks.