Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!

Trans will not shift gears. replaced trans solenoids electronic

Customer Question

trans will not shift gears. replaced trans solenoids electronic plate in trans. replaced wire connector at trans. No help. Told to have computer reset. Told computer still thinks the problem is still there. Where can I get this done? cost?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Dropped trans oil pan and replaced everything leaking, replaced solenoids.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, can you tell me what codes you had if any that made you replace all these parts? also if you did in fact have a code in the engine control unit and the transmission control unit then erasing the code with the wrong scanner will only erase the codes in the engine control unit, so the transmission will be locked into the last known good gear until the fault code occurred, so you may have fixed the issue BUT without the code being cleared the trans does not recognize the repair yet.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.
the scanner you need are the followingsnap-on solussnap-on verusmercedes star diagnosticmatco higher end scanner, not sure of the nameotc higher end scanner
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not remember the code, after fixing every the code cleared. it self.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.
if there is a local shop that does european cars they most likely will have a scan tool that can do this for you and can charge 20$-85$ to assist in reading and erasing codes.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.
the codes never clear themself, it takes 50 key cycles to cause the light to go off if there was one, but the code will not erase.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.
Let me know if you need me to help more just simply reply back. I'll stick with you if needed. Lou P. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.
any luck?