Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Master Trans Tech
Experience:  Over 25 years Experience repairing Transmissions
9600325

My check engine light is on as well as the wrench light and

Customer Question

My check engine light is on as well as the wrench light and my transmission gauge isnt working and wont go into 5th gear and shifts hard just getting to 4th
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: Its not throwing a code
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Ford Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It started when i was pulling my camper i gave a h&s tuner it only does it after been driven about 15 mins
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No but id like to know whats causing this so ill know a price range and shop time
JA: OK! The Ford Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Unless it is a easy fix
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

It is most likely either the TFT (transmission fluid temperature) sensor or the internal harness.I do them both often.Generally if ohm checking the sensor shows a failure then I just do the sensor,If it ohms ok then I do the harness and sensor. Many times the sensor will ohm ok at lower temps with the pan off during testing, that is when I will replace both. I've been bit before replacing just the sensor when the sensor and the harness ohm ok. If it is just the TFT we charge $325 If it is the TFT and the internal harness then we charge $550

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Would just those sensors make it shift hard and not go into 5th gear

Yes it puts the transmission in limp mode

Hello again,

If you need further assistance please feel free to reply and we can continue. Otherwise please take a moment to rate my answer as you see fit. After rating, the thread is still available should you need further assistance. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Thanks,

Kenny Z

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again,

I was reviewing some of my older questions and noticed I was never compensated for this question because it was not rated. If it was your intention to not rate me and use my services free of charge then I will accept that as a free service I provided and move on.

Thanks,

Kenny Z

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 9 months ago.

Last Viewed by customer ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at ‎1‎:‎23‎:‎11‎ ‎PM 1 week(s) ago