Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.

97 dodge ram 46re trans, stopped shifting. replaced the governor

Customer Question

97 dodge ram 46re trans, stopped shifting. replaced the governor sensor and solenoid, works for about 5 or 6 miles and stops shifting, pulled pan to check, changed fluid again. same thing. govenor pressure voltage falls to .6 and stays there
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed the governor sensor and solenoid
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Inspect for any corroded or damaged wiring leading to and at the transmission components on the transmission itself.If any issues are found with the wiring or connections these will need to be corrected to resolve this here.If no wiring issues are found if you have not had the fault codes checked to see what codes are set I would have this done.Any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.If you do have any fault codes post the code number here if you can. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete