Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

Car does not go into gear JA: Sometimes things that you think

Customer Question

car does not go into gear
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2003 ford taurus, car is in park, shift lever moves to reverse, drive no difference, car does not go into gear, it;s like putting car in neutral
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: that was the hope
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: not really, check engine light cam on about month or so ago, but it is about getting emissions fixed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  A. Penland replied 5 months ago.
Is it a column shifter or a floor console shifter?