sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

Just got car out of shop ignition, and it will not change

Customer Question

Just got car out of shop for an ignition, and it will not change gears
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Car was running great, stoped at store upon returning the car would not start. Had it towed to shop. They could not fix I had towed to another. Upon returninmg to siposible fixed car, I pulled off and it will not change out of low. Its possible that a fuse could have been moved while trying to get it started again and fuse not returned to proper location, or while trying to fix there was a neutrl something relay I think they might have tried to find. I dont know. I know that it will not change low 3rd high.
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked the two transmission fuses
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: p08888, p0700, u140e, p0406, c2202, u0126, c2115, c2101, c121a
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!P0888 would be related to the trans being in limp in. This code is for the trans related, which is what powers the solenoid pack which is necessary for shifting. This could be a blown or missing fuse, the relay, or a wiring issue.What year and model is the vehicle?