Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

My transmission is on failsafe mode, i have a bmw 745li 2002

Customer Question

my transmission is on failsafe mode, i have a bmw 745li 2002
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: there was something wrong with the actuator, and it wont let me drive the car.. i replaced the actuator, but my trany is still on failsafe, it wont even shift to drive or reverse.. the shifter is locked..
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i fix the e break, which ive been told that is one of the reasons why i cant drive it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: just on how to disable the failsafe, thats all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i recently bought a bmw 745li 2002, i was told to replace the actuator on it cos its not working and its the reason why my trany has a message that it is on failsafe mode. The actuator has been replace, and the transmission is still on failsafe.. my next move is to change trany oil.. wud it run after the change oil.. or is there any other procedure that i might be missing before or after replace the tranny oil
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
what faults are logged in the car's fault memory?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i have another question for my honda, here it is.. its a honda civic 2012 dx 1.8 engine.. i had an accident not too long ago, it was a colision with another car, the damages on my car was the bumper, headlights, condenser, radiator, fender and both air bag on the front seats pop. i have replaced all thats been damage except for the airbags and i replaced some of the sensors cos im thinking it might be bad already because of the hit. i was able to put everything back together i mean all the part that got damaged by the accident. but one, its the rpm, it chokes everytime it hits 3500. and the idle is almost at a thousand on its regular runnning mode. can u help solve this one. oh also the monitor on the dash sais to check the emission, check the powersteeering and check vsa. can u help me on how to get rid of the chocking everytime it reaches 3500 rpm.
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
I cannot answer your Honda question. if you would like to have your 745i question answered, please reply to the question I asked you.