mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

2005 ram 2500 cummins, transmission is kicking in and out

Customer Question

2005 ram 2500 cummins, transmission is kicking in and out of gear around cruising speeds
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Around 45 miles per hour and it kicks in and out of overdrive
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I hope I need Transportation back and forth to work tomorrow
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: It has two hundred and eighty thousand miles and as far as I know hasn't had anything done to the transmission
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  mike switzer replied 5 months ago.
where about do you live? and chrysler vehicles are known for this issue one of the main things that happen is the grounds coming from the battery to the block get corroded and cause this issue. with that many miles i would recommend checking all your grounds on the block pull them off and clean them up and then try. you may want to try having the fluid changed as for if the fluid is too old it will be to thin when it tries to lock up and also cause this. those are the two main things to check first otherwise you will have a weak tcc solenoid in the transmission. another thing is this happens when chrysler vehicles are connected to a scanner.
just a friendly reminder that if you could take a moment and leave me a positive rating it would be appreciated. this is how we are given credit for you efforts from the site.