Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.

Infiniti Qx56: Qx56 2004 would slip going to 4th gear, engine

Customer Question

Qx56 2004 would slip going to 4th gear, engine will just rev up. I was told it was a speed sensor in which I have changed and still it's doing the same thing?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to determine if the problem you are having is an internal problem or and electronic control issue you need to start first with having the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will advise you from there as to what is causing this. Post back when you can and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
P1716 Turbine Rev S/CircP1759 FR/B Solenoid FNCT
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Code P1716 and P1759 can set if the transmission is slipping. Monitor the input shaft speed sensor and the output shaft speed sensor. They should be the same speed in drive. If there is a difference in speed, the transmission is likely slipping which in most cases means the transmission will need to be replaced and or overhauled.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Your saying a new transmission?
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
If the sensors are reading the same speed then its not an electronic control issue and usually an internal slipping concern. Did you check the sensor reading?