Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

1999 grand pre super charge only has first an second gear..

Customer Question

1999 grand pre super charge only has first an second gear.. Can you help me figure out what happen. I just bought the car an all the gears worked then one day it lost power .
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set with this issue here this needs done first.Most likely there will be at least one fault code set needing diagnosed to locate and correct this issue.This usually needs done with a compatible scan tool to check these codes.This may be an issue with the transmission valve body or a solenoid in the valve body.I have also seen internal failure with clutches or bands in some cases causing issues needing replaced.This will have to be checked into further to locate the source of the fault then from there it can be repaired to correct this issue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete