Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

I AM PULLING A CODE OF DTC14, BUT THE TRANSMISSION IS ACTING

Customer Question

I AM PULLING A CODE OF DTC14, BUT THE TRANSMISSION IS ACTING UP AFTER IT WARMS UP? ANY IDEAS?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mitsubishi. The Mitsubishi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: ITS AN 01 GS ECLIPSE WITH THE SLAP SHIFT AUTO. IN AUTO YOU HAVE TO GIVE THE CAR A LITTLE GAS AND THEN LET OFF THE GAS AND THEN GIVE IT GAS AGAIN. AND THEN ITLL SHIFT GEARS. IN THE SLAP SHIFT. IF I DRIVE 45 MINS AND SHUT OFF MY CAR AND TURN IT BACK ON. MY SRS SENSOR COMES ON AND NOTHING ON MY GAGE CLUSTER TELLING ME WHAT GEAR I AM IN LIGHTS UP. ITLL GO INTO REVERSE HARD BUT WHEN I GO TO DRIVE ITS STUCK IN 2ND 3RD GEAR AND WONT SHIFT
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: GOING TO TRY TO
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mitsubishi Mechanic should know about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: RIGHT NOW THATS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM I AM HAVING WITH MY CAR
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Inspect the wiring and connections to and at the transmission itself to see if any faults are found.If any issues are found with the wiring at all this will need to be repaired to correct this fault here.If all wiring and connections have been checked and found o.k. let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete