Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.

Allison: warning light comes on all fluid is good no power

Customer Question

warning light comes on all fluid is good no power going uphill light goes out going downhill
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. With this light coming on the first thing that needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out to see what codes are set.Once this has been done the codes can then be diagnosed to locate and correct this issue here.There should be at least one code set that will help in locating and repairing this issue.This has to be done with a compatible scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle.With a lack of power this may be an issue with the turbo or turbo components at fault or an issue with the fuel system like a restricted fuel filter or fuel injection pump.If this is the transmission warning light this can be a fault with a pressure solenoid or valve body acting up intermittently.Since there is a large number of different codes that can set with this fault here you do need to have the fault codes read out to help diagnose and locate this issue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete