Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

My 2004 Buick century's transmission jerks after stopping,

Customer Question

my 2004 Buick century's transmission jerks after stopping, it's an occasional issue. It really is a hard jerk!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: usually, when the car is starting, after a stop the car lunges forward. It doesn't happen often but when it does it's a scary thing!
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no, I'm mechanically dumb!
JA: OK! The Buick Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right.
Customer: thanks!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Buick Mechanic should know about your Buick?
Customer: no it's a beautiful car!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Roy replied 7 months ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist it sounds like it is delaying downshifting into first gear. it could be from a sticking valve in the valve body. I suggest having the fluid and filter changed in the transmission and aadding some valve body modifier to see if it resolves the issue. is the check engine light on??? Roy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no engine light isn't on At one point it was but the garage checked it out and detrminined that it was "nothing'.
Expert:  Roy replied 7 months ago.
I understand, but if it was nothing, you would not be concerned, as you should. I would take it somewhere else and have them check it for you. it could be the beginning of something Roy