sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist

Im having issues my cvt shifter in 07 caliber r/t. In auto

Customer Question

Im having issues my cvt shifter in 07 caliber r/t. In auto mode my car would only go 20mph but wouldn't shift to auto mode. I shut off car and it would fix it. Later my battery died for no reason. The next day my engine light came on and i took it to autozone for diagnostics and it came back with p0700 transaxle control module. But further reading i'm seeing that the tcm is related to totally intergrated powercontrol module
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I am. I have 3 children in college and really can't afford $1,000 to fix
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I connected both battery cable together for 20 minutes to reboot today but it failed. Now when I shift gears from P to R to N to D it lunges forward while foot is on brake
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: 07 dodge caliber r/t 2.4 liter
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!You could have quite a few things going on. It could be an internal transmission issue or it could be the trans controller, wiring or a connection issue, or possibly a power distribution issue preventing the TCM from being powered.P0700 sets in the powertrain control module when there is a fault code stored in the transmission control module. This is just informational and tells you that codes from the TCM need to be read. Do you know if the trans codes were read, or was the P0700 all they gave you?