mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

I changed out and engine on a 2008 Silverado and the engine

Customer Question

I changed out and engine on a 2008 Silverado and the engine runs great, but now the transmission will not engage at all.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It is an automatic transmission and worked fine before the engine replacement.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Perhaps
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  mike switzer replied 5 months ago.
when you installed the engine to the transmission was the torque converter able to move freely before you bolted it down. to be very honest the transmissions in these trucks the pump drive is VERY fragile and i have seen many pumps break during engine replacement.