Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Pontiac grand am: my car is an 02 grand am the trac off

Customer Question

hi my car is an 02 grand am the trac off light comes on then the tanny seems to not go into 4th gear but this happens some times and today I lost all gears I would put in d r 1 2 3 nothing I thought the tranny went but after work I went started it up and drove fine for 11 miles then the thing with the trac off started up agin.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Anyway you can get it scanned and let me know which codes are stored?The current info is pointing to a possible park neutral shifter position switch failure. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris