Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

JA: . How can we be of help?Customer: 1995 S500 Mercedes

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: 1995 S500 Mercedes has been perfect running forever then BAM. Will only start when cold and now no reverse. Let it run till warm then wont restart and backfires. Any suggestions where to start?
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: thats all i know
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if its not to complicated
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: just that its ran perfect since 1995 until now. Only has 150k miles on it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, Injector pulse and proper fuel pressure. If you can check each one of these thing when it stalls and will not restart and determine which you are lacking I will help you determine the cause. It would also be useful if you can have the system scanned to see if there are any fault code setting. Post back when you can and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What a bullshit answer...
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Unfortunately I have to have something to go on in order to be able to try and help you. I will open the post back up for you and perhaps someone else has what you want. Best of luck.