Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

My my truck slips when the overdrive light is off when I get

Customer Question

My my truck slips when the overdrive light is off when I get up to about 50 miles an hour they said it was the range sensor so I changed it but it still doing the same thing can you help me
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I change the neutral switch
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can I get the year, make, model, engine?What code numbers are stored?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is a go fo it is a 04 Ford F 150 5.4 Harriet new body style
Do you recall the trouble codes that were stored that made them assume the TR sensor was to blame?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No I only had a lean code that was it
When a transmission slips imagine your on ice. The rpms rise high and fast, the vehicle speed going forward though does not actually increase (not meaning watching the speedometer) Is that what is occurring?When it slips are you getting a vibration, jerking, bucking, hiccup type feeling from the truck?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No not getting any rattling noise or anything just watching the RPMs go up that's about it when I cut the overdrive off it drives fine but never getting over 55 / 60
So when overdrive is on, when you get this slip sound or feeling, what is heard or felt or seen?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris