Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.

Subaru Baja: 2003 Baja trany shift issue replaced harness to

Customer Question

2003 Baja trany shift issue replaced harness to tranny hag input and output speed sensor codes did not help replaced tranny 3 times did not help replaced tranny tcm did not help still wants to hold 2nd gear no shift plwase help is there a fuse or relay I am missing
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. On some models if you have an incorrectly reading wheel speed sensor this can keep the transmission from shifting properly.If this has not been checked to see if any of the wheel speed sensors are an issue (observing their signals with a compatible scan tool) this needs done.If a fault is found with any of them the affected sensor will need replaced to correct this here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Will this give an abs code? If so we have no abs code.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
The wheel speed sensor in some cases will not put off a code as the anti lock brake computer will think that the wheel is just slipping on a slippery road surface.I would monitor the wheel speed sensor signals if you can with a scan tool that can communicate with the anti lock brake computer to see if one or more of these signals is sending a false signal with a faulty wheel speed sensor needing replaced. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete